Client Engagement/Social Impact Internship
Hispanic Communications Network (HCN), the leading “edu-tainment” cause marketing firm serving Latinos in the US, is searching for passionate, bright, and creative individuals to join our Client Engagement team’s Social Impact internship program.
Start date: as soon as possible
The core focus of the Client Engagement/Social Impact Internship is to help qualify, develop and maintain relationships that lead to new contracts designing multimedia campaigns in the spheres of health, environment, financial literacy, education, immigration and voting.
Working alongside the Client Engagement Associate, your job is to support and enhance the company’s business development efforts – primarily with research and tracking qualified business leads to drive new contract acquisition in a competitive environment. This position will work closely with the Project Management, Affiliates and Production teams to assist with concepting and servicing clients through the end of a campaign. This is a high‐energy, fast‐paced, deadline‐driven environment where you are involved in multiple aspects of the Business Development team’s operations and will learn a tremendous amount.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with the Client Engagement Associate to help secure new meetings, conduct market research, design strategies, write proposals, and secure contracts for public education and outreach campaigns using HCN’s radio and digital networks.
- Research and identify current and upcoming contracting opportunities for Hispanic public awareness and education campaigns with federal government, nonprofit and CSR prospects as well as and PR Firms/Ad Agencies with related contracts.
- Deliver reports to Client Engagement Associate using online research strategies, federal procurement tools and industry trade publications to track updates.
- Track down and secure meetings with hard‐to‐find contact information for key decision‐makers.
- Maintain Salesforce CRM database to document and track activity with leads.
- Provide administrative support for marketing materials and business trips.
Minimum Requirements – Skills/Knowledge/Traits
- Bilingual/bicultural, with native or advanced Spanish‐proficiency preferred, written and oral
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Business
- Impeccable writing skills
- Ability to excel in fast-paced environments
- Due diligence and high attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Latino culture
5 Internship Takeaways
- Portfolio of high level social impact government, nonprofit and private foundation leaders with whom you have secured meetings, pitched and developed relations.
- Multimedia marketing strategies using radio, digital and social platforms to create improve quality of life within US Latino communities.
- Personal business skills in communication, creative concepting, reasoning, teamwork, as well as professional role models and mentors who provide guidance, feedback, and support.
- Skills to forecast and track revenue based on department’s annual strategy and data maintained in CRM pipeline.
- Personal project in-line with the company’s mission.
This is stipend internship. Interns are responsible for their own transportation to and from the office, which is located near Union Station/Capitol Hill. Class credit can also be arranged upon request for students of colleges and universities. Employment opportunities may evolve for an intern who excels in meeting goals we set and mutually agree upon at the beginning of your internship.
Hispanic Communications Network
HCN is the largest producer and syndicator of Spanish-‐language educational and informational media content in the US. Through La Red Hispana – HCN’s national affiliate radio and digital networks – we distribute clients’ messages via our daily and weekly radio mini‐programas on over 150 affiliate radio stations, and via our new weekly digital editorial packages. HCN’s communications solutions currently reach 11+ million Latino listeners weekly in top urban, medium, rural and emerging Hispanic markets nationwide.
HCN develops national Hispanic‐serving multiplatform media and community outreach campaigns that inform, inspire and connect the country’s fastest growing market to information and resources that improve quality of life for US Latinos. As a mission driven company, we exclusively work for niche clients – major federal government agencies (CDC, DOT, EPA), nonprofits (Carlos Slim Foundation, California Endowment, Epilepsy Foundation), businesses with corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives, and PR Firms/Ad Agencies with related contracts – to build creative, impactful and results‐oriented solutions that generate positive social impact within Latino communities.
To apply: Send a letter interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Client Engagement/Social Impact Internship” in the subject line. Please indicate if you are interested in working 1 or 2 semesters, and the number of days you will be available to work each week. Irrelevant or template letters of interest will be automatically disregarded. No calls or email inquiries.