Digital Affiliate Network & Multimedia Content Producer / Social Impact Internship
Hispanic Communications Network (HCN), the leading “edu-tainment” cause marketing firm serving Latinos in the US, is searching for passionate, bright, and creative individuals to join our Digital team’s Social Impact internship program.
- Snapshot: Pioneer the leading digital/social content platforms designed to provide Latino influencers content they need to inspire positive social impact among US Latinos.
- Issues? Health, education, financial literacy, voting, environment and immigration.
- Core grind: Recruit top Latino websites, social media, bloggers, artists and celebrities to become HCN’s affiliates who share our original creative content with their fans and followers.
- Weekly grind: Produce videos, MEMEs, banners, and editorial content that play on humor, drama, emotions.
5 Internship Takeaways
- Portfolio of creative multi-media editorial content on a weekly basis designed to generate positive social impact within Latino communities.
- Relationships with Latino writers, celebrities, entertainers and publishers leading their industry.
- Track record creating, managing, monitoring and tracking social media in Spanish and English that engages Latino influencers and their followers/fans.
- First hand experience in creative development processes for multimedia production and distribution.
- Personal media project in-line with company’s mission.
Your core focus and responsibility is to grow our new digital affiliates network and multimedia content production platforms. Your co-conspirators are the Digital Lead and the Media Relations Team. You will also work alongside the Editorial, Production, and Project Management teams to make each week’s digital content package pop when it hits the affiliates’ inbox.
Your tasks include working with the Digital Lead and Media Relations Team to identify, recruit and maintain relations with digital affiliates. We define digital affiliates as publishers, news aggregators, bloggers and social media influencers popular among Spanish speaking and bilingual/bicultural US Latino audiences, and have an active fan or follower base. Our goal is to recruit digital affiliates to publish our social impact content on health, education, environment, financial literacy, voting and immigration on a weekly basis. Team HCN will also train you on new digital tracking software. You’ll be in charge of creating weekly reports, contacting contributors and affiliates, and getting feedback on content sent.
Some weeks your work will be client-driven, where you’ll be pitching content that includes leading experts, Latino celebrities and music artists. Your first project will likely involve recruiting hip hop artists, publishers and affiliates for a health campaign.
Other weeks, you’ll be able to suggest which issues HCN should feature in our weekly Actualidades packages. You will also collaborate with and support HCN’s Editorial and Production Teams to develop original multimedia content, such as videos, infographics, display ads, sample social media posts and editorial writeups that live on our La Red Hispana website and social platforms, and cut through the clutter to generate buzz.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist strategic planning, development and growth of HCN’s new digital affiliates network
- Identify, recruit and build relationships with popular Spanish & English language Latino digital and social media influencers
- Produce original “edu-tainment” content, including videos, graphics, editorial content
- Monitor and track digital affiliates that download and publish content
- Research and survey digital affiliates to understand content they want, and make recommendations to HCN’s teams on how to produce and distribute our content
- Capture and compile feedback from digital affiliates for reporting to the Digital Lead
- Support quality and timely delivery of HCN’s content
Minimum Requirements – Skills/Knowledge/Traits
- Passionate about creating positive social impact and empowering Latino communities
- Native and/or advanced Spanish-proficiency mandatory, both written and oral
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Business
- Proven social media skills
- Well organized and solid time manager to perform well in fast paced work environment
- Ability to meet fast deadlines
- Excellent writing skills
- Attention to detail a must
This is stipend internship. Interns are responsible for their own transportation to and from the office, which is located near Union Station/Capitol Hill. Class credit can also be arranged upon request for students of colleges and universities. Employment opportunities may evolve for an intern who excels in meeting goals we set and mutually agree upon at the beginning of your internship.
Hispanic Communications Network
HCN is the largest producer and syndicator of Spanish-‐language educational and informational media content in the US. Through La Red Hispana – HCN’s national affiliate radio and digital networks – we distribute clients’ messages via our daily and weekly radio mini‐programas on over 150 affiliate radio stations, and via our new weekly digital editorial packages. HCN’s communications solutions currently reach 11+ million Latino listeners weekly in top urban, medium, rural and emerging Hispanic markets nationwide.
HCN develops national Hispanic‐serving multiplatform media and community outreach campaigns that inform, inspire and connect the country’s fastest growing market to information and resources that improve quality of life for US Latinos. As a mission driven company, we exclusively work for niche clients – major federal government agencies (CDC, DOT, EPA), nonprofits (Carlos Slim Foundation, California Endowment, Epilepsy Foundation), businesses with corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives, and PR Firms/Ad Agencies with related contracts – to build creative, impactful and results‐oriented solutions that generate positive social impact within Latino communities.
To apply: Send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com with “Digital Internship” in the subject line. Please indicate if you are interested in working 1 or 2 semesters, and the number of days you will be available to work each week. Irrelevant or template letters of interest will be automatically disregarded. No calls or email inquiries.