Independent Contractor: Creative Scriptwriting / Copywriting / Storyboarding (Spanish)
Hispanic Communications Network is seeking a Scriptwriter/Copywriter on a contract basis to be responsible for developing original and compelling 30- and 60-second radio PSA spots in Spanish for government and non-profit clients. All spots will run on HCN’s national radio network of 150+ affiliate stations.
Measurement of success: HCN’s PSA-style radio spots must drive a large increase in traffic to our nonprofit client’s website, where listeners can access online educational training resources at no cost.
The ideal candidate is a native Spanish speaker currently living in the US. Must possess a personal and/or strong understanding of the migrant experience. Candidate has proven experience in creative development and scriptwriting for radio, advertising, commercials, and PSAs.
- Develop compelling and engaging scripts for Spanish-language radio listeners
- Work closely with HCN’s Production team in creating radio scripts
- Adheres to needs of nonprofit and government clients
- Develop culturally driven scripts that drive audiences to access client’s educational resources
- Adhere to client’s stringent branding guidelines, talking points and calls to action
- 100% fluency in Spanish
- 3-5 years of scriptwriting/copywriting experience
- Works well under pressure; effectively handles tight deadlines, unexpected delays, revisions, ad hoc requests and changing priorities
- Delivers scripts on-time, free of typos and grammatical errors
- Scriptwriting experience in radio advertising, commercials a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, and loves to collaborate with team members
- Creative problem solving skills; ability to interpret analytical thinking into copy concepts
- Ability to meet fast-paced deadlines
- Storyboarding experience for video productions a plus
Hispanic Communications Network (www.hcnmedia.com) is the leading producer and syndicator of Spanish-language educational and informational content in the US. HCN works exclusively for nonprofit, government and private foundation clients to develop marketing campaigns that improve quality of life for Latinos living in the US. Our daily radio mini-programas run on 150+ affiliated stations nationwide, reaching 11 million listeners weekly.
TO APPLY: * SUBMIT YOUR 3 BEST SAMPLES OF ORIGINAL CREATIVE RELATED TO THE SCOPE OF WORK, TOGETHER WITH YOUR RESUME TO BE CONSIDERED. SEND APPLICATION TO CAREERS@HCNMEDIA.COM WITH “CREATIVE WRITER” AS THE SUBJECT LINE. *