Production/Social Impact Internship
Hispanic Communications Network (HCN), the leading “edu-tainment” cause marketing firm serving Latinos in the US, is searching for passionate, bright, and creative individuals to join our Production team’s Social Impact internship program.
Start date: as soon as possible
5 Internship Takeaways
- Portfolio of radio vignettes and long-format call-in shows produced during internship
- Blogroll content organization and creation skills
- Understanding of social impact and public awareness marketing
- Improved audio editing skills and standards
- Personal media project in-line with company’s mission
Your core focus and responsibility is to assist HCN’s creative team with research, production and distribution of short-format informational & educational radio segments. You will likely also work on podcasts, audio distribution, and multimedia content for digital use on social media, blogs and major websites.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with editorial team to research topics of interest to Hispanics
- Prep and edit audio elements for production on a weekly basis
- Organize and archive existing audio content
- Assist with radio show requests for research or dubbing of audio elements, usually on short notice
- Prepare and edit specialty short format programing
- Maintain department awareness calendar and database of content
Minimum Requirements – Skills/Knowledge/Traits
- Passionate about creating positive social impact and empowering Latino communities
- Native and/or advanced Spanish-proficiency mandatory, both written and oral
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Business
- Proficient audio editing skills on Audacity or ProTools
- Well organized and solid time manager to perform well in fast paced work environment
- Ability to meet fast deadlines
- Attention to detail a must
This is stipend internship. Interns are responsible for their own transportation to and from the office, which is located near Union Station/Capitol Hill. Class credit can also be arranged upon request for students of colleges and universities. Employment opportunities may evolve for an intern who excels in meeting goals we set and mutually agree upon at the beginning of your internship.
Hispanic Communications Network
HCN is the largest producer and syndicator of Spanish-‐language educational and informational media content in the US. Through La Red Hispana – HCN’s national affiliate radio and digital networks – we distribute clients’ messages via our daily and weekly radio mini‐programas on over 150 affiliate radio stations, and via our new weekly digital editorial packages. HCN’s communications solutions currently reach 11+ million Latino listeners weekly in top urban, medium, rural and emerging Hispanic markets nationwide.
HCN develops national Hispanic‐serving multiplatform media and community outreach campaigns that inform, inspire and connect the country’s fastest growing market to information and resources that improve quality of life for US Latinos. As a mission driven company, we exclusively work for niche clients – major federal government agencies (CDC, DOT, EPA), nonprofits (Carlos Slim Foundation, California Endowment, Epilepsy Foundation), businesses with corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives, and PR Firms/Ad Agencies with related contracts – to build creative, impactful and results‐oriented solutions that generate positive social impact within Latino communities.
To apply: Send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com with “Production Internship” in the subject line. Please indicate if you are interested in working 1 or 2 semesters, and the number of days you will be available to work each week. Irrelevant or template letters of interest will be automatically disregarded. No calls or email inquiries.