Account Executive /Project & Operations Coordinator
Hispanic Communications Network (HCN) — the largest producer and syndicator of social impact media and content providing health, education, environmental, immigration, social justice and voting information for US Hispanics — seeks a passionate, proactive, bilingual, results-driven Account Executive / Project & Operations Coordinator (AE/POC) to join our Washington DC team.
The Account Executive / Project & Operations Coordinator’s role is to manage HCN team members’ efforts to ensure that all of our educational and informational media campaigns are timely and effective. The AE/POC will work closely with all HCN departments, consultants, and subcontractors, and will report directly to the CEO. This is a full time position with benefits for the right candidate. Hiring date is as soon as possible.
- Coordinate HCN’s Hispanic creative and communications experts to deliver the socially beneficial communications campaigns we promise our sponsors.
- Grow our capacities and alliances to meet our quarterly and annual goals, to have a more meaningful impact on the Latino communities we serve.
Project Coordination includes but is not limited to:
- Serve as HCN’s day-to-day representative with our nonprofit and government sponsors and clients. Record and share clients’ needs and requests. Manage all project timelines, metrics and client reporting requirements.
- Maintain favorable relationships with clients while exceeding their expectations by demonstrating alignment with their socially beneficial purpose, using your problem solving skills, industry knowledge, and insights into Hispanic markets and cultures.
- Coordinate the work of HCN’s creative and production teams to curate and execute high-impact campaigns, including maintaining internal processes, tools, meetings and deadlines to ensure efficient and productive work flow.
- Deliver and track all invoices, expenses and project profitability/loss per budget categories with the Accounting department.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Communications, Business, Latino Studies or related field.
- 3+ years experience in project management or client relations fulfillment
- 1+ year experience in office management or collaborative team work
- Fluent English and Spanish speaker. Ability to read and write in Spanish.
- Competence with both Windows and Mac Platforms
- Tech savvy with Cloud-based software and platforms, social media, digital
- Experienced with managing social media and Google business platforms, spreadsheets and financial data management and Salesforce software.
- Experience and knowledge of media production is a plus.
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Punctuality and timeliness
- Ability to work well independently and with teams
- Leadership skills with ability to inspire teams
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Thrives in small business environment with proactive and autonomous work drive to lead project team
Hispanic Communications Network:
HCN is the largest producer and syndicator of Spanish-language educational and informational media content in the US. See: www.laredhispana.org HCN produces and distributes socially beneficial messages via our daily mini‐programas on over 150 affiliated radio stations, and digital, on-line and social media. HCN’s communications solutions currently reach 9+ million Latino listeners weekly nationwide. HCN also coordinates efforts with major Latino organizations such as LULAC, ASPIRA, NCLR and with grassroots Hispanic serving organizations at the community level.
HCN develops national Hispanic‐serving multi-platform media and community outreach campaigns that inform, inspire and connect Latinos with information and resources they can use to improve their lives and their communities. HCN is sponsored by major federal government agencies (CDC, DOT, EPA, USDA); nonprofits (Carlos Slim Foundation, California Endowment, Epilepsy Foundation), businesses with corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives, and PR Firms/Ad Agencies with contracts to communicate socially beneficial information to generate positive social impact within Latino communities.
See our work in action at LaRedHispana.org and www.hcnmedia.com
Send a detailed letter of interest, resume, salary history and references to: email@example.com with “Account Exec/Project & Ops Coordinator” in the subject line.